How will SEO help my website?
It's not JUST about keywords.
If you're thinking that you don't need to check the SEO on your website, think again.
The easiest way to find out about a product or service is most likely, your website. Especially since the pandemic, businesses are moving online rather than solely store based. It's easier and quicker to offer a look into what you're selling than waiting for them to enter your store. With that said, you need to make sure they can find your website, in the first place! SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a very important aspect to ensure your brand is out there and ready to be found.
Here are five ways SEO will help customers find you...
- Search engines: If a potential customer is searching for what you're selling, your business needs to be found during these searches. People are on Google more often than any other search engine. Being visible and trusted by it is key! The way you make sure this happens is by making sure that your website includes all the keywords that people will be searching on.
- User experience: You customers know what they're looking for and if they don't find it on your website, they'll go somewhere else. When your site has good SEO, your customers will be able to find what they're looking for, quickly and easily. This will give you a positive user experience and Google will be happy too. Google is very intuitive when it comes to this. Your site will be rewarded and trusted if customers are having a good visit to your site.
- Trusted website: Your website should be well organized, easy to navigate, include internal and external links, great content and optimized photos. When you also have proper title and alt tags, keywords and no speed/loading issues, it will build a foundation to have a trusted website. Google takes all these things into consideration and you'll be able to earn authority over time. Check out our blog from a couple years ago on Google E-A-T. This discusses how you can build Expertise, Authority and Trustworthiness from Google and in turn, be ranked higher.
- Understand your customers: SEO tells us what potential customers are looking for. You can find out what related keywords get searched more often and include those on your site. Hopefully, this will make your site appear on page one of Google. After all, your goal is to match the products or services with the customers that need them, right?
- Keep on it: Google makes a ton of algorithm changes every year. This means that you need to keep engaged and evolve with the requirements. There are new and better ways to be discovered so take advantage of them by constantly updating the SEO on your website. You don't want to get left behind when something changes and your site isn't on page one any longer.