In order to reach out to the legions of followers you have now developed, it is critical to tweet correctly. Like everything else in life, there's a right way and a wrong way and tweeting is no different. Here are five fast rules to maximize your tweets.
1. Twitter provides space for 140 characters of text per message to play with but don't feel you must them all. By leaving 10 or 15 characters unused, it allows your followers to add their own addressees (@'s) and hashtags (#'s) to spread your word. They are less likely to do so if they have to erase some of your tweet.
2. Do not use too many @'s or #'s or the message may get lost.
3. If you're including an Internet link, do not let it get surrounded by @'s and #'s or people may either click the wrong thing or refuse to click it at all.
4. Do not tweet your own promotional messages exclusively. Everyone on the site wants promotion and will refuse to RT you if you fail to RT them.
5. Don't be all business all the time. Part of successful salesmanship is developing a relationship with your intended demographic. Therefore, reply to your followers' tweets and talk about their messages, too. Don't forget to post humorous or insightful observations, besides your own marketing messages. Make sure people will look forward to your tweets, not prepare them to whiz past your constantly repetitive promotional posts. A simple rule of thumb is to divide your tweets in more-or-less equal thirds; promoting your own message, promoting your followers' messages and making interesting conversation that will train people to watch for your tweets. Lesson #3Lesson #4Lesson #1
"We are incredibly pleased" We are incredibly pleased with how the Website is landing on Google, it’s almost always number one and sometimes number two. The business increase has been dramatic! Thank you so much to all of you at INM, not only were you helpful, but most importantly you delivered exactly what we needed.
- Theresa (Edmonton Clinic of Naturopathic Medicine, Edmonton)
"I'd recommend INM to anyone" Industrial NetMedia did a great job designing my website! They took a lot of time to understand what I wanted first and then made it all happen, while keeping me involved in the process. I'd recommend INM to anyone who wants to build and market a website.
- Steve Hammond Agency
"He gets top marks in all categories" Mike is by far the best techno weenie I have ever had the pleasure of working with, and I still deal with him on a regular basis. I trust his opinion on anything in the computer world over anyone else I know. Consults with me on technical issues whenever I get in over my head. He gets top marks in all categories, and I promise you will not go wrong with whatever it is you want him to do.
- Dan Bourque (Syncrude)
"INM has taken our website to the top of the search results in Edmonton" INM has taken our website to the top of the search results in Edmonton for our industry. We highly recommend INM if your customers use the internet :)
- Jody Gamracy (Blue Falls Manufacturing)
"Mike is the easiest person to work with" Mike is the easiest person to work with. I provided him with an idea and he made it better in every area. Mike is always available to answer questions or be at your place of business to solve your problems. I have never had the pleasure of working with a more knowledgeable, professional person before. Hands down, Mike is the best at what he does!
- Cindy (Certified Spray Booths)
"I look forward to continue working with them on any future projects" Industrial NetMedia has custom designed a practical, efficient, user friendly program for our company that has increased our productivity significantly. The technical support and attention to the customer needs has been outstanding. I look forward to continue working with them on any future projects that may develop.
- Hans Carr (Petro-Canada Edmonton)
"We would highly recommend Mike" We would highly recommend Mike for any promotional or advertising project to build or enhance your website.
- Barbara Rehn (Leduc Black Gold Rodeo)
"I’m very happy with all the work done" I’m very happy with all the work done on the re-launch of my website and Social pages now. Night and day from the other company I first worked with.
- Wade Szymanski (Dominion Lending Key Financial) – EZ Mortgages
"I'd recommend INM to anyone who wants to build and market a website." Industrial NetMedia did a great job designing my website! They took a lot of time to understand what I wanted first and then made it all happen, while keeping me involved in the process. I'd recommend INM to anyone who wants to build and market a website.
- Steve Hammond (Now Radio)
"We were able to work with them by e-mail and had a professional finished product in record time." INM created a fresh dynamic website that is very easy to navigate and maintain. They made the process so easy. We were able to work with them by e-mail and had a professional finished product in record time.
- Jean Williams, Cardium Region Victim Services
"We are happy with INM's service and performance." We were looking for a more economical method of advertising and turned to INM for a more comprehensive marketing plan. This included a new website, advertising, social media and email campaigns. As a result this was a busy year and this was one of our smallest advertising budgets. We are happy with INM's service and performance.
- Dave Robert, Director of Golf, Leduc Golf Club
"if we could dream it, the visionaries at Industrial NetMedia could deliver" Ironhand Drilling Inc. has had the pleasure to work with Industrial NetMedia on a rebuild of our corporate website and developing a custom-designed Human Resources database. We have been overwhelmed
with the professionalism and expertise of the corporate team at Industrial NetMedia, from marketing through programming. Our experience taught us that if we could dream it, the visionaries at Industrial NetMedia could deliver a product far exceeding o
- Ironhand Drilling Inc.
"Working with the team at Industrial NetMedia has been a great experience" Their knowledge of marketing was incredibly helpful when it came to making decisions on the initial strategy of how to recreate mG Artistry’s online presence. INM works in a very timely fashion. As soon as the new website went live I was getting response from people who were searching for my services and the traffic has continually grown.
- Michelle Grad, mG Artistry
"Keep up the great work!" I just want to say how much we at Binh’s Nails Tamarack appreciate the terrific job you guys do with our social media stuff. Our blog is actually read by lots of our customers and they like to chat about the interesting tidbits which you guys post for us every day. Keep up the great work!
- Grace Zhang, Binh's Nails Tamarack
"we quickly built a clientele thanks in part to your social media efforts" One Pot Simmer is truly indebted to INM for helping to make our new restaurant a huge success with top quality posts on our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages. It’s hard for new businesses to get established but we quickly built a clientele thanks in part to your social media efforts. Our great food probably helped a lot too!
- Jason Song, One Pot Simmer
"Thanks so much" Thanks so much for how much support you always give us! You really do spoil us!
- Nicole, Linx Connect (Leduc, Alberta)
"Fantastic job!" Mike, Ardis and the team at Industrial Net Media did a fantastic job building and launching our website and made it an absolutely painless process.